I’m sure you’ve noticed by now that recipe videos are everywhere: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube. Don’t worry, we’re working on on an amazing course to help you with that. For now, here are some recipe video equipment must haves.
Recipe Video Gear Must Haves
- Monfrotto Tripod
- Small Tripod for secondary camera or iPhone
- Lowel Ego Light – Stacie uses two for her videos
- White T-Shirts – Place these over the Lowel Ego Lights to diffuse
- Portable cooktop (I chose induction as it heats up quicker).
- Handheld Mixer – Allows people to see what you are mixing
- Cooking utensils and props (wooden spoons, forks, plates, etc)
- Pots and pans
- OverHead Pro (in place of main tripod) – Stacie uses this tripod exclusively
- External Hard Drive – To store your videos
- Extension cord
- Utility ladder – I bought mine at Home Depot
- I’m working on finding an editing software for PC users that I can test out myself and teach in the course.
Royalty free music
- search royalty free on iTunes
- Epidemic Sound
- Premium Beat
- Audio Jungle
- Photo editing for cover image: Canva, Picmonkey, or Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and Lightroom).
- DIY backgrounds using wood pieces from Home Depot
- Swanky Prints (vinyl backgrounds)
- Marble slab
- Wooden craft signs from Michael’s
Don’t forget to check out local garage sales and flea markets, you’ll never know what hidden treasures you’ll find!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.